Saturday, December 5, 2015

Brown v. Board of Education


   Linda Brown in her words talked about when she thought she was going to be able to enroll in the school with her playmates. She stated I was sit outside of the secretary and while he was in the inner office I could her voices and hear voices his voices raise, you know as the conversation went on. An then immediately came out of the office took me by the hand and we walked home from the school. I just couldn't understand what happening because I was going to school with my friends. Just reading that i couldn't imagine being the father in this situation and telling your daughter that she can't go to her friends school because she black. I choose this case because it was one of the most important case to help African Americans to achieve a better education.

   Brown v. Board of Ed was a major case on so many reasons this case also happen right in the middle of civil right moment as well. This was a huge lynchpin in the south as black students was not allowed to attend school with white students. Black students was not allow to attend some of the better school in city or town which mean they wasn't getting the same education as white students. The fight with case was trying to make people see that these old southern racist ways was wrong and it was time for a change and no child she be deprived of a education no manner what race.  The Supreme Court decided that the long last law was totally wrong and unjust and it was time to change this law. This law has never really been challenged before so I was one of the laws that just stuck around for so long people just did not know are care about it. 

   I choose this cases because it opened some many doors for so many people like myself and others to receive a better education.  These kids put their life and their families life in danger for two reasons one for a better education and second to fight against a law that should had been changed. This wasn't no way a easy thing to do and at a age where you as a teenage you supposed to start to figure things out and start to map out your future and try to reach your life goals. For these kids to go to school and deal with all that pressure and hate for them to make though that part of their life they my upmost respect from me to fight for a better education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment